Reclaimed Goodness is a company redefining the meaning of new through use of reclaimed materials. I connected with Maria, the owner of Reclaimed Goodness, to learn more about the company.
In the interview, learn more about Reclaimed Goodness, why it’s important to reduce our waste and how to utilize reclaimed materials for your own creative pursuits.
How to start using reclaimed materials:
- Follow Reclaimed Goodness and other companies that utilize reclaimed materials.
- Take a class with your city or county. Find out what’s available in your area by searching your city or county’s name and the term “environment.”
- Follow some of the people and organizations Maria loves for zero waste inspiration: I Love A Clean San Diego, FROM (and learn more about FROM in my interview with the company), and Eco Goddess.
- Go to your local farmer’s markets to find local businesses and artists. Plus, you never know who you’ll connect with! Keep an eye out for the businesses that are sustainable and focused on zero waste or other green initiatives.
- Utilize Google! Maria found her construction debris recycling class by searching this phrase: “San Diego County Green Initiatives.” Search by different terms to find cool events or classes in your area.
- Think about what reclaimed materials you can get crafty with. Then, email/call/visit businesses or construction sites and ask if you can use materials that would just get thrown away.
Photo credit: Reclaimed Goodness
Podcast music credit: Blue Dot Sessions