There are so many ways people are making a positive impact through big and small actions. Every week, we’ll talk to someone new doing great things for their communities and share resources to take action.
Today, learn more about Marianne West and the Sustainable Living Podcast.
Marianne is the host of the Sustainable Living Podcast, a podcast about sustainable living with topics such as homesteading, permaculture and tiny homes. She’s also an urban farmer, co-founder of a newly created sustainability center in San Diego (link here), and a mother and grandmother. She’s so knowledgeable on all things sustainability and her passion comes through whenever you hear her speak.
In the interview, learn more about sustainable living, what made Marianne start her podcast, and how to take action this week to live more sustainably.
Simple changes to live a more sustainable life:
- Evaluate what disposable plastic items you use and make a list of 5 things you can stop using.
- Listen to the Sustainable Living Podcast.
- Eliminate single-use plastics and use more reusables, such as reusable straw.
- Be mindful of waste when going out to eat. Bring your own to-go bag, bring a reusable container for sauces, and carry a cloth napkin.
- Always have a reusable coffee cup.
- Get a spork and put it in your purse/car/jacket pocket.
Sustainable Living Podcast
Marianne’s other project: Marianne’s Steemit
Podcast music credit: Blue Dot Sessions