There are so many ways people are making a positive impact for our environment. Every episode, we’ll talk to someone new doing great things for their communities and we’ll share resources to take action.
Blue Ocean Society is a marine conservation organization dedicated to protecting marine life in the Gulf of Maine.
In the interview, learn more about this great organization, its cool educational programs, and a few ways to take action for the ocean and marine life.
How to support marine life and healthy oceans:
- Join in on an event with Blue Ocean Society.
- Reduce your use of single use plastics, like plastic bags, plastic water bottles, and plastic cups.
- Skip the straw. See Blue Ocean Society’s Skip the Straw Project for inspiration.
- Support organizations like Blue Ocean Society by donating and/or volunteering (remember, you can do both even if you don’t live on the coast!).
- Understand where your seafood is coming from. Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch is the place to start.
- Buy local when possible, since the shipping industry causes damage to ocean health in many different ways.
- Adopt a whale from Blue Ocean Society. It’s a great way to learn, have some fun, support Blue Ocean Society, and all for only $30!
- Watch Sonic Sea or screen a showing in your area.
Blue Ocean Society
Podcast music credit: Blue Dot Sessions